couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Francesco Zamboni <f.zamb...@mastertek.it>
Subject a case for couchdb
Date Fri, 12 Jun 2015 16:19:21 GMT
Hello to everybody.
My company is evaluating the use of couchdb for a new project.
The set of features that couchdb have on paper matches almost perfectly the
application that we've to develop, but there're some worries about the low
level of activity apparent in the project, its scarce adoption and the push
toward couchbase we see in a lot of threads around the web (while I'm aware
that couchbase does not offer the same features of couchdb, including some
of those that are in our desiderata).
As the project is going to be quite big for us, investing a lot of effort
in a technology that have an uncertain future could be a disastrous choice.
For this reasons I want to ask to some more experienced users some help in
making my case for using couchdb, especially in knowing how alive the
development community is, how's going the 2.0 implementation and so on.
Thank you in advance,

--
Francesco Zamboni