couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Foucauld Degeorges <fouc...@gmail.com>
Subject SSL with self-signed certificates
Date Mon, 22 Jun 2015 09:01:28 GMT
Hello,

(This question may have been asked before, I'm sorry if it has, but I
haven't found a search field on the archives page).

I'm having issues to make CouchDB work with HTTPS and a self-signed
certificate.
Depending on the client, the connection is accepted or refused:

   - accepted by curl -k
   - refused by Chrome: ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR
   - Firefox first asks to add a security exception, then rejects the
   connection: sec_error_invalid_key

You may look at the associated StackOverflow question
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/30939983/couchdb-over-https-and-self-certified-certificate-browsers-reject-it/30964160>
for
extra info.
I have read somewhere that Web browsers have recently become more strict
concerning self-signed certificates. Is there a workaround, or something
I'm missing?

Thanks
Foucauld Degeorges