couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Kiril Stankov <ki...@open-net.biz>
Subject DB size question
Date Thu, 18 Jun 2015 18:11:32 GMT
Hi,

I'm importing now a big number of documents in CouchDB.
The documents have only single revision. And they will stay with single
rev in one of the DB's
I notice that the Db size grows significantly, then, after compact drops
by 70%.

This process - import of single version documents will occur once a week.

Why is so much space wasted? Is it something normal?

Is it a good practice to run periodically compact and cleanup?

Is there some DB size limit, after which the compact and cleanup may
cause issue or have problems to run? E.g. file descriptors, memory. How
should I configure checkpoint_after, doc_buffer_size?

Thanks in advance.