couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Alexander Shorin <kxe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Best practices for testing CouchDB 2.0
Date Mon, 04 May 2015 14:06:30 GMT
Hi Antoine!

On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 4:55 PM, Antoine Duch√Ęteau <aduchate@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am currently testing CouchDB 2.0 and I am wondering if I do things right.

Thanks for joining our big couch testing party (:

> I used the master branch from the git to compile CouchDB from sources but I
> think I read somewhere that fixes for CouchDB 2.0 where being committed to a
> Cassim ? branch.

You might be references to 2657-fix-cassim-fabric-calls branch, right?

> Should I use this branch instead of master for testing ? Where can it be
> found ?

If you want to test feature branch for some specific subprobject, just
edit rebar.config.script in order to point subproject to that branch
instead of master one. Then run again `./configure` to let rebar fetch
and update source tree and `make` to compile the changed source files.

But specifically to those cassim branch, afaik the work isn't yet done
on it. Instead, you may check opened pull requests on GitHub for some
subprojects and tests these as they are proposed for merge.

> CouchDB crashed complaining about ulimit -n being to low. What is a sensible
> value for ulimit -n ?

It depends, but if you don't care about, set some big one like 65536 or nolimit.

--