couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Andy Wenk <andyw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Use Fauxton via NPM
Date Tue, 12 May 2015 09:46:48 GMT
Hey Garren and team,

first of all many thanks for the npm package. Super cool. I am not sure if
I am doing it wrong, so I ask first here. The scenario is as follows:

* I am on my local machine
* I have a CouchDB running on a remote machine (IP for here is simply
1.2.3.4)
* I create a tunnel to this machine with:  ssh -L 2001:127.0.0.1:5984
user@1.2.3.4
* I start fauxton with: fauxton -c 2001
* I open localhost:8000 in the browser (Fauxton)

Fauxton is opening, but without any databases. There are no JS errors and
when I try to reload the page Chrome is running into a timeout. No cli
output is written.

Do you have any idea what is going wrong or what I am doing wrong? If you
want me to report this, I am happy to do so.

Thanks a lot and keep on going with the awesome work ;-)

All the best

Andy

--
Andy Wenk