couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Couchdb flush to disk
Date Thu, 19 Mar 2015 19:32:08 GMT

> On 19 Mar 2015, at 19:51, Michael Power <Michael.Power@ELOTOUCH.com> wrote:
>
> Is there a way we can ask couchdb to flush to disk and block all writes.  We would like
to get the disk in a consistent state and do a disk based backup.  Is this possible?  The
actual backup takes milliseconds we just need the disk in a consistent state for those milliseconds.

That’s CouchDB’s default mode of operation.

If you need to make sure you have the absolute latest data, set `delayed_writes` to `false`
in the configuration, but for backup reasons, it shouldn’t make a difference.

Best
Jan