couchdb-user mailing list archives

From dan <danden...@gmail.com>
Subject stand alone, no install for MIPS?
Date Wed, 18 Mar 2015 16:18:49 GMT
I have a platform with a read only filesystem (ubiquiti's airos).  I'm
looking for a stand alone executable that I can run from a small rw ram
filesystem (no access to various /usr or /etc locations).  I have data
already in json. I want to be able to drop in a couchdb executable and run
it through an external process (scp file in, ssh script to execute it) to
collect and replicate the json output.  The devices are usually online, but
i'd like to collect data even when they are not and so storing some data
locally and doing eventual replication up to a main couchdb/bigcouch.  I do
have some persistant space to store a config file and maybe the executable
if it is small.

any ideas on pulling this off?

notes, arch is MIPS (not MIPSEL, MIPSEL binaries won't run), there is
<=70MB ram available.  Each json object is about 4k uncompressed, but the
data is highly compressible (60 samples is 240k but compresses to 8k with
gzip) .  I would delete the locally stored as soon as it had replicated.
Basically, I would need about 5MB of the availble 70MB if the couchdb were
uncompressed, or <200KB if compressed.  I would likely replicate every 30
seconds or so, just to keep from using too much ram to store the data.

Thanks for reading!