couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Michael Power <Michael.Po...@ELOTOUCH.com>
Subject Re: Couchdb flush to disk
Date Fri, 20 Mar 2015 20:06:50 GMT
We saw the loss of a view/index when we did a filesystem backup.  Are the indexes stored in
a different place on the filesystem then the data?

On 3/19/15, 12:32 PM, "Jan Lehnardt" <jan@apache.org> wrote:

>> On 19 Mar 2015, at 19:51, Michael Power <Michael.Power@ELOTOUCH.com> wrote:
>>
>> Is there a way we can ask couchdb to flush to disk and block all writes.  We would
like to get the disk in a consistent state and do a disk based backup.  Is this possible?
 The actual backup takes milliseconds we just need the disk in a consistent state for those
milliseconds.

>That’s CouchDB’s default mode of operation.
>
>If you need to make sure you have the absolute latest data, set `delayed_writes` to `false`
in the configuration, but for backup reasons, it shouldn’t make a difference.