couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Volker Mische <volker.mis...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with GeoCouch integration on Windows
Date Mon, 16 Mar 2015 13:48:00 GMT
On 03/16/2015 02:20 PM, lutterbac@fh-bingen.de wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I am working with CouchDB 1.6.1 on Windows. For my software I need the
> GeoCouch integration. The problem is, there is no manual how to install
> GeoCouch on Windows. So I tried on my own.
>
> For the GeoCouch integration you have to build CouchDB from source. I
> built it following the instructions from “dch /glazier” on github
> (https://github.com/dch/glazier).
> After building CouchDB I followed the instructions from GeoCouch
> (https://github.com/dch/glazier) using Cygwin to get Linux
> functionalities. After all I had a CouchDB- and a GeoCouch build. For
> integrating the GeoCouch into CouchDB I copied the geocouch.ini file to
> the CouchDB folder “…\path-to-couchdb\etc\couchdb\default.d”.
> Additionally I set the ERL_FLAGS environment variable to the GeoCouch
> ebin folder.
> After starting CouchDB everything works fine except for the spatial
> functions. All GeoCouch JavaScript tests running into an error: “httpd
> 500 error response: {“error”:unknown_error”, “reason”:”undef”}”.
>
> Does anybody know how to integrate GeoCouch into CouchDB on Windows or
> can someone tell me how to integrate additional modules into CouchDB?
> For any help I am very grateful.
>
> Best regards,
> Matthias

Hi Matthias,

first of all, make sure you use the correct GeoCouch branch
(couchdb1.3.x [1]).

"undef" errors mean that the Erlang modules (the beam files) can't be
found. This is what the paths in ERL_FLAGS are for. So double check if
it really points to the right directory (I'm not sure how back and
forward slashes are handled in Erlang on Windows, so that might be an
issue).

Another kind of quick and dirty way would be to copy all the *.beam
files GeoCouch creates into a directory of couchdb where there are other
beam files. This way Erlang should pick them up without setting
additional paths. I won't suggest that for production use, but it might
be a way to get things working before we dig in deeper what exactly went
wrong.

[1]: https://github.com/couchbase/geocouch/tree/couchdb1.3.x

Cheers,
   Volker