couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Roald de Vries <webthusi...@gmail.com>
Subject Ordered changes feed in v2.0
Date Mon, 30 Mar 2015 11:07:52 GMT
Hi all,

I’m considering how I can make my application forward compatible with v2.0, and I see a
potential problem with that (for my use case):

I have a front-end that generates events, which I store in CouchDB. An asynchronous back-end
process listens to a feed of these events, and writes an aggregate back to the db. I can’t
use a view for this, because the aggregate also depends on documents referenced from the event
documents.

For this to work, I need to be sure to process every event, and in the correct order. I v1.X,
I can simply store the last processed change, and continue from there at any moment. Would
this still work in v2.0? As I understand now, the order of the changes in v2.0 is no longer
ordered. Is there a way to still get a consistently ordered feed from?

Thanks in advance, Roald