couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Maria Andersson <ma...@dualpose.com>
Subject Re: Documentation for 2.0, First Take
Date Mon, 02 Mar 2015 11:30:34 GMT
On Sun, 1 Mar 2015 21:51:45 +0100
Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Maria,
>
> this is amazing, please keep going :) — Let us know if we can help in
> any way!
>
> Best
> Jan
> --

Well then, I will throw some questions at you :D
Or anyone that can answer :)

What does "changelog" do in the database document?
What I could see in the sources, CouchDB only writes to it when
creating a database, and then only "add".
Does this mean that "changelog" is only for the admins?
What are the other actions?
"delete"? Is there a "move"? (Should not exist as it is add + delete.)

Should views be moved together with the shard?
Or should they be recreated by the new node after moving the shard?

// Maria