couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: connection handling in long running bulk doc uploads
Date Mon, 16 Mar 2015 13:07:50 GMT

> On 16 Mar 2015, at 13:57, Ingo Radatz <thewhorn@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> Thank you for the quick answer.
>
>> I think new streaming interfaces are the way to go. We’ve been talking about them
in other contexts like replication before. We won’t likely get to this before 2.0, though.

> Is that included in the developer preview?

*won’t* :)

>> Or write the doc validation in Erlang.
>
> I wish i could do that but my skills stuck at the Erlang 101. I have seen an Erlang implementation
that supports json-schema Draft 3 - i will analyse whether our schemas using Draft 4 related
definitions or not.

> An other question came into my mind. Is the JS code of a design doc (here the validate_doc_update.js)
already evaluated (maybe after the doc save action) or gets it evaluated for every single
doc again? When it is the second i would see some smaller optimisation potentials in my current
implementation (e.g. bigger docs are more performant to validate then the same amount split
into smaller pieces)

The validation function code is already evaluated. The expensive bit is serialising the docs
from Erlang to JSON and back while talking to the query server. Just like with views.

Best
Jan