couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Garren Smith <gar...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Why are temp views so much faster than design docs?
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2015 09:42:53 GMT
Ben,
Glad I can help.

If you update a view in a design doc it will rebuild all the views in that design doc. Its
best not to put to many views in the same design doc.

Cheers
Garren

> On 11 Feb 2015, at 11:30 AM, Ben Ng <me@benng.me> wrote:
>
> Garren,
>

> Ah ha! Once I isolated the view I was interested in, it built really quickly. It looks
like one of my other views is the culprit!

> I don’t understand why a view in the same design doc would slow down another view,
when I only tried to fetch the one i cared about. Does Couch build all the views at once?

> Thanks so much,
>

> Ben
>
> On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 3:21 AM, Alexander Shorin <kxepal@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> May be because for temp view you'd reused result of previous run? In
>> term of execution and processing, they have no differences.
>> --
>> On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 12:14 PM, Ben Ng <me@benng.me> wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>

>>> I’m perplexed. Using the exact same map function, and no reduce function, my
temp views are performing significantly faster than my design doc during the initial indexing
phase.