couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Ben Ng" ...@benng.me>
Subject Re: Why are temp views so much faster than design docs?
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2015 09:30:04 GMT
Garren,

Ah ha! Once I isolated the view I was interested in, it built really quickly. It looks like
one of my other views is the culprit!

I don’t understand why a view in the same design doc would slow down another view, when
I only tried to fetch the one i cared about. Does Couch build all the views at once?

Thanks so much,

Ben

On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 3:21 AM, Alexander Shorin <kxepal@gmail.com>
wrote:

> May be because for temp view you'd reused result of previous run? In
> term of execution and processing, they have no differences.
> --
> On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 12:14 PM, Ben Ng <me@benng.me> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>

>> I’m perplexed. Using the exact same map function, and no reduce function, my temp
views are performing significantly faster than my design doc during the initial indexing phase.