couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Alexander Shorin <kxe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tweaking CouchDB For DB-Per-User
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2015 00:13:15 GMT
CouchDB automatically closes unused file handlers. However, for 1000
active databases it's hard to not hit the default 1024 limit.
You can setup monitoring for couchdb/open_os_files and send you alert
when it's getting close to the deadline.
--

On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 3:07 AM, Paul Okstad <pokstad@gmail.com> wrote:
> BTW, is there a better strategy to this instead of brute forcing the limit to be larger?
It seems to be a bad idea to keep over 1000 files open if I don’t even need to replicate
them until a change occurs. It this a limitation of internal continuous replication? Should
I be triggering one time replications using the database update notifications?

>> On Jan 11, 2015, at 3:44 PM, Paul Okstad <pokstad@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Thank you for the quick reply. I am indeed using Ubuntu and indeed using SSL so this
is extremely relevant. I’ll try out the fixes and get back.