couchdb-user mailing list archives

From TAE JIN KIM <snoweb...@hotmail.com>
Subject Why am i seeing this behavior?
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2015 00:33:58 GMT
Hello,

Here is my view.

function(doc) {
      var cloned = eval(uneval(doc));
      cloned.status = myfunction(cloned.createddate);
  ・
 ..
}

function myfunction(cd) {
    var currentDate = new Date();
    ・・..currentDaate - cd・ // calculate date difference・

}

bascially, myfunction returns some status based on date difference...
I am consuming this one via rest API, ..and this works fine..but..the thing is that...it looks
CouchDB doesn't always run this whenever this is invoked by API?..somehow return cached version??

I meant...let's say here is some expected table...

Here are expected Values

3 Days ago - 'Status A'
2 Days ago - 'Status B'
yesterday  - 'Statuc C'
today - 'Status D'

So I am expecting to see the status value, which is 'Status D' today, but it still shows 'Status
B' for some reason via Rest API.  I have to open couch db web admin interface to run this
view manually in order to see correct status value, which is 'Status D'.

Why is that?...
Any idea?

Thanks,