couchdb-user mailing list archives

From TAE JIN KIM <snoweb...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Why am i seeing this behavior?
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2015 16:02:57 GMT
Are you sure I can use list function for this purpose?
I tried, but it is same behavior.

> Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 04:45:49 +0400
> Subject: Re: Why am i seeing this behavior?
> From: kxepal@gmail.com
> To: user@couchdb.apache.org
>
> View function get executed once on view resource request for only
> updated documents.
> Once document get indexed, the result is stored in view index file and
> read from there since that moment.
> If you need request-depended view results use list functions instead.
> --
> ,,,^..^,,,
>

> On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 3:33 AM, TAE JIN KIM <snowebang@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Here is my view.
> >
> > function(doc) {
> >       var cloned = eval(uneval(doc));
> >       cloned.status = myfunction(cloned.createddate);
> >   …
> >  ..
> > }
> >
> > function myfunction(cd) {
> >     var currentDate = new Date();
> >     ……..currentDaate - cd… // calculate date difference…
> >
> > }
> >
> > bascially, myfunction returns some status based on date difference...
> > I am consuming this one via rest API, ..and this works fine..but..the thing is that...it
looks CouchDB doesn't always run this whenever this is invoked by API?..somehow return cached
version??

> > I meant...let's say here is some expected table...
> >
> > Here are expected Values
> >
> > 3 Days ago - 'Status A'
> > 2 Days ago - 'Status B'
> > yesterday  - 'Statuc C'
> > today - 'Status D'
> >
> > So I am expecting to see the status value, which is 'Status D' today, but it still
shows 'Status B' for some reason via Rest API.  I have to open couch db web admin interface
to run this view manually in order to see correct status value, which is 'Status D'.