couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Alexander Shorin <kxe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Disable purge? Also, hide all docs?
Date Wed, 31 Dec 2014 09:34:09 GMT
On Wed, Dec 31, 2014 at 9:16 AM, jumbo jim <jumbojim22@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The easiest way is indeed to put CouchDB behind a proxy, but for
>> _all_docs you can just remove this http endpoint from config by adding
>> the following in your local.ini
>>

> Thanks Alexander.
>
> Is it possible to remove _replicate in the same manner? It occurred to me
> that the user could simply replicate all documents out to his own database
> also. Don't need to be an admin for replication.
>
> If not, I suppose the proxy route I will have to go.

You can remove _replicate, but it won't prevent users to replicate
their documents since replication happens not by magic, but because of
using public CouchDB HTTP API. You'll actually be forces to disable
access to the document in database at all for everyone. I would
recommend you to revisit your authorization policy and, since you
seems not happy with exposing CouchDB as is to the world, application
architecture, because you eventually going to have some functional
middleware in front of CouchDB.

--