couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Johannes Hass <johannesh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to actually install CouchDB on Debian?
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2014 17:15:05 GMT
Well, I simply gave up and installed Ubuntu 14.04 - that one works out of
the box. I always thought that Debian Stable was actually supposed to be
just that - stable - and this dependency on internal version numbers is
somehow obviously not pertinent information.

Before I tried this installation, I did indeed a "apt-get update / upgrade
/ dist-upgrade" and thusly assumed that all my packages were up-to-date.
Seems I have been mistaken.

If I sound frustrated it's because I'm running into these kind of problems
again and again and again. Here it's a dependency that's unresolved a mere
month after the installation guide is written. There it's an untested
feature that's advertised nontheless. And over there is a version
dependency you're not told about.