couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Johannes Hass <johannesh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to actually install CouchDB on Debian?
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2014 17:57:43 GMT
Distributor ID: Debian
Release:        7.6
Codename:       wheezy

I just did a re-install and fixed the whole thing by skipping the cloudant
part and replacing the

sudo apt-get install -y libmozjs185-cloudant libmozjs185-cloudant-dev

with

sudo apt-get install -y libmozjs185-1.0 libmozjs185-dev

The whole thing is running now, currently I'm fighting with securing the
whole thing. I'm a bit astounded at the dearth of information regarding
this - it's very difficult to find info about how to secure CouchDB if it's
publically accessible (or how to actually make it publically accessible in
the first place!)

I figured out that you need to replace the 127.0.0.1 with your public IP
(and not the DNS name of your server). Okay.

I can then access Futon and click on the "fix this" button on the lower
right. I give a user name and a password, click "create" and then the whole
thing just sits there and does nothing.