couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Alexander Shorin <kxe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to store the delta between doc revisions?
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2014 19:03:59 GMT
Storing patches is good until you're in sure that no single patch will
get suddenly deleted. Otherwise you could easily find all your history
broken. Oblivious, but it is the thing to remember when picking this
way of history management. Storing full document copies per revision
is more solid solution for such case: you can easily skip or lose one
or several revisions and be fine, but it also consumes much more disk
space. Trade offs are everywhere, pick up the one that suites you.
--