couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Alexander Shorin <kxe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to store the delta between doc revisions?
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2014 19:30:49 GMT
Suddenly no. At least completely. You can create your
validate_doc_update function which will verify that every new stored
contains some specific data (like previous document version to which
validate_doc_update also has access), but all this leads to storing
history log inside single document. If you want to track it
separately: changes feed and update_notification_handler are your
friends, but there could be happened race conditions (especially if
compaction get triggered) so there will be always a chance for you to
miss some revision.
--