couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Green <dbryan.gr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Improved CouchDB logo
Date Tue, 28 Oct 2014 14:18:10 GMT
I am sure someone would find it offensive (maybe artists)?  The point is
that we can't decide what is offensive to someone else.  We should do our
best, within reason, to not offend.  Also, the you have to keep in mind
that a brand logo is not just art.  It has a particular use to get a
branding message across.  If we feel that the current brand for couchdb is
best represented by the current logo, then we shouldn't change anything and
be ok with the people who are put off from couchdb due to the logo (no
matter how "silly" we think that is).  If we have doubts then we should
discuss it.

Personally, I am not sure the Relax mantra is a good one anymore either.

On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 7:10 AM, Giovanni P <fiatjaf@gmail.com> wrote:

> After re-reading the first message of the thread I'm convinced that,
> despite the present logo not being offensive in any way, it can sometimes
> give a wrong impression.
>
> My humble suggestion is that we gather suggestions and, if we find none,
> maintain the logo. Otherwise change it.
>
> So here is my (serious) idea for a logo that fits with the "relax" motto:
> http://www.papeldeparede.etc.br/wallpapers/snoopy-e-woodstock_6591_1024x768.jpg
>
> On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 12:00 PM, Giovanni P <fiatjaf@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/35/Et_selskab_af_danske_kunstnere_i_Rom.jpg
>> is this offensive?
>>
>> On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 11:59 AM, Bryan Green <dbryan.green@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I would assume we would discuss it as we are now.

This