couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Green <dbryan.gr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Improved CouchDB logo
Date Tue, 28 Oct 2014 01:27:23 GMT
I am not sure the logo has to have the meaning be so obvious.  Looking at
the world of other logos, it doesn't seem that meaning is that important to
branding.  The two primary uses of a couch is to have people sit on it or
lay on it.  I am not sure showing someone sprawled on a couch helps anyone
make the connection to Relax anymore than the couch itself.

OTOH:  Maybe we just need to show the legs outstretched on the couch-- a
more sleeping position.  Of course that might mean couchdb is so slow you
can take a nap waiting on a query to return?    I should stay out of
marketing.  :-)