couchdb-user mailing list archives

From <jus...@lisol.co.uk>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] Improved CouchDB logo
Date Tue, 28 Oct 2014 19:29:47 GMT
Hi,

I'm a new comer to this community and so will be missing a lot of background ...

My view is that a logo embodies more than just the graphics and is a crucial part of the brand
image being put out. Therefore, changing a logo is not something that should be done without
considerable thought.

I would very much agree with Thomas that there may be a case for employing a professional
to come up with an alternative logo based on answers that the community will them as to what
exactly it is the brand should portray.

Thanks,
Justin

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas Lindgren [mailto:u.thomas.lindgren@gmail.com]
Sent: 28 October 2014 08:36
To: user@couchdb.apache.org
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] Improved CouchDB logo

If you want to change the logo, I recommend doing it the professional/business way: putting
up some money and hiring a good design firm. They've done it before and have a broader perspective.
Basically, let them ask you the questions about the brand; no design back seat driving from
you; choose among the alternatives they give you, or ask for more.

Best,
Thomas