couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Aurélien Bénel <aurelien.be...@utt.fr>
Subject Re: Union functions
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2014 16:02:29 GMT
>>>  Couchdb is an ap system... And stores the result of both docs during a conflict.
 We have  update functions as a way to do incremental updates. And show functions to do a
transform on a doc before sending it. Can we have union functions to resolve a conflict between
2 docs?...I

Err... Shouldn't we need the common ancestor document too?

Let's suppose that a document {"name": "Bond", code: "007"}
is updated in parallel as {"name": "Bond"} (for security reasons)
and as {"name": "James Bond", code: "007"} (for civility reasons).

We need the ancestor document to know that his "code" was deleted and that "James Bond" is
the right name.

Regards,

Aurélien