couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Joan Touzet <woh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Union functions
Date Mon, 22 Sep 2014 18:08:23 GMT
All, this has been discussed in a previous thread on the mailing list a couple of weeks ago.
Some serious concerns were raised - especially how this works with replication and in clusters,
where race conditions can occur.

I encourage you to dig through the archives and to understand why this is a non-trivial problem
with some unsolveable constraints...

-Joan

----- Original Message -----
From: "Hector Sanjuan" <hector.sanjuan@here.com>
To: user@couchdb.apache.org
Sent: Monday, September 22, 2014 5:37:12 AM
Subject: Re: Union functions

I would also like this feature (providing function is a fashion similar to views would be
nice).

A couple of weeks ago I proposed adding a feature to autoresolve conflicts by just picking
the winning revision and discarding the old... and this is basicly the generalization of it.
Instead of saving conflicted revisions, just apply a user's provided function and save whatever
comes out of it.