couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Dragos Stoica <dragos_constantin_sto...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Appzip - CouchDB Application deployment tool
Date Sat, 27 Sep 2014 16:10:11 GMT
Hello Couch-ers,

We invite you to use and get fun with Appzip - a CouchDB Application deployment tool.
You may download and install this tool from: https://github.com/dragos-constantin-stoica/designeditor/tree/appzip

The purpose of this tool is to ease CouchDB applications development life cycle and distribution.
It was inspired by couchapp, that we used for a while and then we decided to make this process
easier.

You can distribute you CouchDB application a zip archive and upload/publish it to CouchDB
with this tool.
The install process of Appzip is direct: clone git repository, edit and run ./push2couch.sh,
open in browser  http://localhost:5984/appzip/_design/appzip/index.html

In order to build a CouchDB application you construct a directory and subdirectory structure
that copies the database structure:
- database name
- documents, if it is a design document you create subforlders with views, lists, shows etc
- there are a couple special files: manifest.json in the root directory containing a list
of your databases, and in each document subforlder doc_attributes.json containing doc._id,
and other attributes.

You can see examples of Appzip at:
https://github.com/dragos-constantin-stoica/designeditor

https://github.com/dragos-constantin-stoica/sr_manager

We will be pleased to answer to your questions.

We will be back with good news on designeditor --- documentation generator for _design docs
and a site (WIP) on github.

Relax and have fun with CouchDB!

Dragos STOICA
0735220023