couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Robert Samuel Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Deleted documents being replaced by previous revisions
Date Mon, 25 Aug 2014 12:26:34 GMT
Hi,

What’s happening here is your document is conflicted. That is, there are multiple 'latest'
revisions to choose from. In this situation, CouchDB chooses one of them to present to you
when you do GET /dbname/docid. When you then delete that revision, you are promoting one of
the others.

The common way to introduce conflicts is to edit the same document at multiple locations and
then replicate, which would appear to be your setup. Are you allowing writes to both masters?

It is only non-latest (we say "non-leaf") revisions that are removed by compaction, CouchDB
preserves all of the latest revisions (as we do not know which edit or edits you want to keep),
so the revs limit of 1000 that you mention is in fact unrelated to your issue.

B.