couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jens Alfke <j...@couchbase.com>
Subject Re: Control view query performance
Date Mon, 14 Jul 2014 04:33:08 GMT
I am no expert on the implementation of CouchDB, but I don’t believe your question makes
sense in the form that you asked it. The changes feed isn’t related to views at all. Rather,
there’s an underlying by-sequence index in the main database that’s scanned to generate
that feed. And it doesn’t “calculate” docs; it just returns existing doc IDs and revision
IDs.

If that’s not what you were actually asking, you’ll need to rephrase your question more
clearly.

—Jens