couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Robert Samuel Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Control view query performance
Date Mon, 14 Jul 2014 11:16:24 GMT

CouchDB manages a pool of couchjs processes, any one of which is capable of evaluating Javascript
map/reduce functions.

A single view group (all views in the same ddoc) is indexed serially using a single couchjs
process (aka, there is no parallelism here). In CouchDB 2.0, of course, a database can, and
typically does, consist of multiple shards, introducing parallelism to view builds among other
effects.

B.