couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Mike Marino <mmar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Couchdb installation issue
Date Thu, 12 Jun 2014 07:57:20 GMT
Hi Sagu,

As Dave says, some more details would be helpful.  Also, if you can, I
would suggest using a binary package system.

That being said, I suspect this would be resolved by doing what the error
message suggests, namely recompiling with the flag -fPIC.  In
spidermonkey's case, there is no configure (at least for this version), so
the following should work:

make CFLAGS=-fPIC CXXFLAGS=-fPIC

(You should absolutely do this on a clean, untarred version of spider
monkey.)

Cheers,
Mike