couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Nicolas Peeters <nicoli...@gmail.com>
Subject exit_status,127 when creating admin user
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2014 10:03:53 GMT
Hello CouchDB users,

We are trying to get CouchDB to run on an embedded system using Buildroot
and we’ve come a long way. CouchDB starts now without errors. However, when
trying to create an admin user (or any user really), it gives a really huge
stacktrace.

I’m not really sure what the problem could be. It has to be something with
how we built it.

Any hint is greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

See log file <https://gist.github.com/peetersn/a586c38c341058f872b4>. This
part is interesting, I guess...

[Mon, 05 Jan 1970 16:08:23 GMT] [error] [<0.220.0>] OS Process died with
status: 127
[Mon, 05 Jan 1970 16:08:23 GMT] [error] [<0.220.0>] ** Generic server
<0.220.0> terminating
** Last message in was {#Port<0.2771>,{exit_status,127}}
** When Server state == {os_proc,"/bin/couchjs
/share/couchdb/server/main.js",

                                 #Port<0.2771>,

                                 #Fun<couch_os_process.2.3888802>,

                                 #Fun<couch_os_process.3.3888802>,5000}

According to this link
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1763156/127-return-code-from> :

> *Value 127 is returned by /bin/sh when the given command is not found
> within your PATH system variable and it is not a built-in shell command. In
> other words, the system doesn't understand your command, because it doesn't
> know where to find the binary you're trying to call.*

And here <http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.db.couchdb.devel/17607> they
say the following, which could be a hint...

> *This error, especially on Ubuntu, is usually due to linking problems.
> Please follow carefully the installation instructions paying special
> attention to the parts about library paths. In other words, if you built
> with --with-js-lib and --with-js-include, you will need to either run
> CouchDB withLD_LIBRARY_PATH modified in your environment or change add the
> file as described to /etc/ld.so.conf.d.Please re-open the ticket if you
> think I have closed it in error. For interactive help, feel free to join
> #couchdb on chat.freenode.net <http://chat.freenode.net/>.*

Please find the full log here:
https://gist.github.com/peetersn/a586c38c341058f872b4