couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Svoronos Gmail <sgsvoro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Viewings
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2014 15:08:06 GMT
I was working on that now! I can break it into smaller docs but there will be many of them
(about 10k). Is it preferred to have more smaller docs rather than a bigger one?

I noticed that even with many small docs the views take quite long. I was thinking to create
the view before i put the data in the db and ask for it every time a new doc is added (in
a way split the workload). Does this make some sense?

Do i have to ask for the viewing to update every time a new doc is added or is it going to
update automatically? I do all the updates/views through a c# program.

Thanks for the quick reply!
Cheers!

> On 24 Jun 2014, at 13:49, Svoronos Gmail <sgsvoronos@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello everyone,
> I am working with a project for which i created a database with 10 documents. Some of
them are really big (more than 1gb). When i try to do any viewing the program returns an error.
I fixed it for very simple viewings by increasing the limits in the config (os process timeout
and os process limit in query servers). Still though i face problems for relatively complex
viewings. I was wondering if there is a way for the viewing to bother only with a specified
doc in the database and not go through all the doc..