couchdb-user mailing list archives

From kankanala karthik <karthi...@beehyv.com>
Subject Issue with CouchDB
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2014 11:34:33 GMT
Hi All,

In the TAMA implementation, I came across an issue with Couchdb. (Version 1.2.0) ,

We are using  named documents to maintain unique constraint logic in the application. (named
documents : whose _id is user defined but not couch generated.)

We are using the  REST API to add the documents to Couchdb, where we found below strange
behavior :

When we try to recreate the documents using HTTP PUT which have been deleted in the past(because
of bug in the code), the documents are not created the first time .

HTTP Put - Returns HTTP 200, but doc is not saved in couchdb.
Again trying the same request,
HTTP Put - Returns HTTP 200 and adds the doc in database.

HTTP PUT request needs to be sent twice to create and save the doc.

 I have checked that the above bug is reproducible for deleted docs, i.e the response for
GET _id is {"error":"not_found","reason":"deleted"}.

This looks like a bug in CouchDB to me, could you please let us know if you could think of
any scenario where above error might occur and any possible workarounds/solutions ?

Thanks,
Karthik.