couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Robert Samuel Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Howto delay view requests until indexes are rebuilt
Date Sat, 19 Apr 2014 19:32:53 GMT
Hi Alex,

CouchDB does not update indexes until you query the view. The behaviour you are asking for
is the default behaviour (that the view reflects the current state of the database). stale=ok
is "don’t update the view" and stale=update_after is "update the view after *this* query".

As Stanley notes, you must be supply stale=ok or stale=update_after in order to reach your
step 4.

B.