couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Knudsen, Ken" <Ken.Knud...@imaginecommunications.com>
Subject RE: Bench marking a simple 10k write
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2014 03:11:59 GMT
Oh sure.. I was just following the same pattern I did for SQL (all be it a System.Data.SqlClient
driver - C#).. So NUnit Test... Repeat the test 10k times (RepeatAttribute(10000) )... code
is..

var httpWebRequest = (HttpWebRequest)WebRequest.Create("http://137.237.134.94:5984/inserttest/");

                httpWebRequest.ContentType = "application/json";
                httpWebRequest.Method = "POST";

                using (var streamWriter = new StreamWriter(httpWebRequest.GetRequestStream()))
                {
                    streamWriter.Write(jsonVal);
                    streamWriter.Flush();
                    streamWriter.Close();

                    var httpResponse = (HttpWebResponse)httpWebRequest.GetResponse();
                    using (var streamReader = new StreamReader(httpResponse.GetResponseStream()))
                    {
                        var result = streamReader.ReadToEnd();
                    }

-----Original Message-----
From: Stanley Iriele [mailto:siriele2x3@gmail.com]
Sent: April-03-14 11:04 PM
To: user@couchdb.apache.org
Subject: RE: Bench marking a simple 10k write

That's fine..I definitely relate to your situation.. If you want to do 10k writes...use the
bulk_docs API that should do the trick... Bit tearing down a connection per request will probably
not work so well...I just wanted to see your actual loop or code to verify if its tearing
down the connections or not.. Is there anyway to post it?