couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Marty Hu <marty...@gmail.com>
Subject CouchDB load spike (even with low traffic)?
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2014 04:15:39 GMT
We're been running CouchDB v1.5.0 on AWS and its been working fine.
Recently AWS came out with new prices for their new m3 instances so we
switched our CouchDB instance to use an m3.large. We have a relatively
small database with < 10GB of data in it.

Our steady state metrics for it are system loads of 0.2 and memory usages
of 5% or so. However, we noticed that every few hours (3-4 times per day)
we get a huge spike that floors our load to 1.5 or so and memory usage to
close to 100%.

We don't run any cronjobs that involve the database and our traffic flow
about the same over the day. We do run a continuous replication from one
database on the west coast to another on the east coast.

This has been stumping me for a bit - any ideas?