couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "matt j. sorenson" <m...@sorensonbros.net>
Subject Re: HIPPA rules
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2014 04:12:14 GMT
First: assuming this is in reference to the Health Insurance Portability
and Accountability Act, then it's HIPAA, not HIPPA... tho I'd probably
prefer a hypothetical 'HIPPA' acronym better myself :P

Second: this is a product-centric mailing list, so it's appropriate for
questions and discussions surrounding the specialties and nuances of
couchdb, and is not appropriate for questions regarding general
compliance/governance practices for regulatory legislation affecting the
health industry vertical in the U.S.

So whether you intend to store the info in couchdb, flat files, floppy
disks, or on handwritten notes... it'll be necessary to seek out the
compliance advice and certification (if necessary) elsewhere. Searching
'HIPAA compliance' instead of 'HIPPA compliance' hopefully improves your
results.

--
*matt j. sorenson*