couchdb-user mailing list archives

From David Coallier <david.coall...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HIPPA rules
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2014 08:22:04 GMT
I would tend to second Matt's recommendation on getting proper HIPAA
compliancy and regulatory guidance. I would look at thoroughly
understanding how CouchDB stores the data files and bring it to your legal
counsel.

HIPAA is a very sensitive subject and topic for any organisation and you
unfortunately there's no "agile" way (like software) to look at it really.

I *strongly* recommend, compel you even, to get a technologically-inclined
legal practitioner whom have dealt with this type of organisational and
technological HIPAA-compliant structure in the past.

Please let this not be construed as legal advice.

--
David Coallier