couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Dave Cottlehuber <...@jsonified.com>
Subject Re: Compaction halted right away
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2014 20:47:07 GMT
Hey Boaz,

BTW I don't think many people use deflate BTW. You're the first that I
recall, at least.

If you have a choice, stick with snappy. windows disk compression is
actually not bad either, (but likely not as effective as snappy wrt
performance + compression tradeoff). You can turn that on
programmatically or via compact.exe IIRC. This would be a useful test
for you wrt performance and disk space to see what combos get better
results.

A+
Dave

On 30 April 2014 13:39, Adam Kocoloski <kocolosk@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi Boaz, ugh. It looks like you're using "deflate-1" for the file compression, right?
Were you ever using snappy on this database? You say the compaction stops right away; is there
a .compact file? If there is, can you remove it and try again?