couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Alexander Shorin <kxe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Regarding "Skip as fast as startkey"
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2014 15:04:58 GMT
There are two issues with limit&skip pagination:

1. Performance, as you already noticed with your benchmark. However,
this performance issue is only actual when you made first request with
high skip value. If you'll increase it slowly, request time wouldn't
be too much (but still request time would be too high).

2. Design: http://www.reddit.com/comments/1ae0tl

I have a draft of updates for this article telling why you should stay
with startkey method. Will submit it soon.

--