couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Yves Moulin <...@baaz.fr>
Subject Re: Optimizing Couchdb Performance
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2014 09:14:13 GMT
Hi,

On 16 Apr 2014, at 19:33 , Matt Quinn <matt@mjquinn.ca> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 03:10:56PM +0000, Diogo JĂșnior wrote:
>> btw, there is any tool that you use to monitor couchdb performance (on-the-fly tool
with statistics being updated automatically) ?

> I haven't used it, but one option I've come across for collecting the
> stats that CouchDB publishes is collectd[0], with the cURL-JSON
> plugin[1]. The docs for that plugin use CouchDB as an example.

We have a script usable by net-snmp to export couchdb stats trough snmp. Then we use cacti
to do this kind of graph:

http://jym.eileo.net/couch_req.png
http://jym.eileo.net/couch_code.png
http://jym.eileo.net/couch_io.png
http://jym.eileo.net/couch_timer.png
http://jym.eileo.net/couch_clients.png

I can send the shell script and the cacti xml export. Contact me if interested.

Best,
jym