couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Knudsen, Ken" <Ken.Knud...@imaginecommunications.com>
Subject RE: Unit Test logging with couchDB....
Date Thu, 20 Mar 2014 17:51:39 GMT
Yup...So, in whatever unit test framework one is running, the unit tests are running, Assert.Fails
and whatever else... but within those tests, say you want to write out information about values
and other results... or want to store the end result files themselves in a global store for
later retrieval. Many of the frameworks provide a plug-in mechanism so you can write your
own logger plug-in... or the main files that record the overall UT runtime information are
stored as simple XML formats.. taking that information and aggregating it into a central store
for use in some fashion by reports etc.

So let's do a typical scenario in our environment... I'll point for it so I don't ramble on.

- msbuild environment
- Jenkins as the build CI Server
- Projects are built and install packages made
- Each set of projects can have 1 or more sets of UT binaries generated. These binaries are
all bundled up into their own install package
- On some virtual machine, setup with pre-installed 3'rd party software for a given product,
the Product's main install is done and then the UT install for that product is done (Using
Jenkin jobs to coordinate etc)
- A small internal UTFramework Runner is kicked off and then begins running all the given
UT's on the system, each recording their information of pass and fail etc.
- It's that information that we want to capture and record back to a central location. Now
Jenkins can capture the base UT runtime stuff and show the pass fail results...but taking
this information, along with anymore detailed logging and storing it in a central DB for use
later on is what I'm looking for. Not overly hard to do...but that's what I'm asking the community
about: if anyone has done thing's like that or some other best practice scenario's using couchDB
in that fashion.