couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bigcouch without ha proxy
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2014 01:50:47 GMT
Is this a BigCouch cluster or something homegrown? BigCouch allows any
node in the cluster to handle a request so removing HAProxy wouldn't
be harder than having each client know the addresses of each database
node and just randomly pick one each time (or figure out some other
hashing scheme applicable to your application).

I would reiterate what Benjamin said though, having HAProxy in the mix
is going to add maybe a handful of milliseconds to each request (if
that much). I do know that HAProxy can be a bit daunting to configure
if you're not familiar with it but if you have unknown clients issuing
connections I'd include it just for peace of mind.