couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Gabriel de Oliveira Barbosa <manobi.olive...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bulk deletes and disk size
Date Sat, 08 Mar 2014 02:19:29 GMT
I though that compactation process would remove the body from the document
marked with "_deleted".
These deleted docs (marked with _delete) do not have previous revisions or
attachments, so the disk size is the result of millions of documents with
their body forgotten in the database?

So to be effective my "bulk delete" have to be a PUT request? because I'm
already doing  {"_id":"foo", "_rev":"bar", "_deleted":true} but using
node.js cradle db.save([doc1,doc2,doc3]) and I'm not sure if it uses PUT or
POST behind it.