couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Tim Tisdall <tisd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Corrupt database file
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2014 20:19:42 GMT
If the DB was corrupted because the disk became full, shouldn't the DB
still be fine but just missing the most recent commits?  Or would the a
person need to truncate a certain number of bytes off the end of the DB to
get it to read properly?

As for JSON file size... I always dump the DB into a GZ file and then my
scripts work on it as a GZ'ed file.  In my case the JSON is 20gb and the gz
file is 3.5gb.  Dealing with the file as a gz adds a little more complexity
to the script you use to process it, though.