couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Robert Samuel Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Disabling HTTP Access?
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2014 23:02:55 GMT
yup, that’s overriding default.ini with undefined, which is what you want to disable it.

B.

On 26 Mar 2014, at 23:01, M.C. Wilson <nijhazer@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for your reply, sir.
>
> I did indeed restart after editing the file, and that had no effect. However, issuing
a direct command to _config as per your suggestion -did- work; thanks very much! In looking
at local.ini, this command appears to have modified the [daemons] section of local.ini to
add this line:

> httpd =
>
> Best,
>
> -M.
>
> On Mar 26, 2014, at 3:53 PM, Robert Samuel Newson <rnewson@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> That should do it, but did you restart after editing the ini files? I should note
that editing default.ini is not recommended as it will be overwritten on couchdb upgrade.
 Better to use;

>> curl -X DELETE host:5984/_config/daemons/httpd
>>
>> For me, this closes port 5984.
>>
>> B.
>>
>> On 26 Mar 2014, at 22:07, M.C. Wilson <nijhazer@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Folks,
>>>
>>> I'm new to CouchDB and have a question about setting it up to use SSL. I've got
it working and am able to make requests to CouchDB over SSL. Ideally, I'd like to prevent
any non-SSL access to CouchDB. Previous discussions indicate that this can be achieved by
commenting out the httpd entry under [daemons] in default.ini, but when I do this, standard
HTTP access is still available on port 5984. Has the mechanism for disabling HTTP access changed
in recent versions?