couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "M.C. Wilson" <nijha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Disabling HTTP Access?
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2014 23:01:37 GMT
Thanks for your reply, sir.

I did indeed restart after editing the file, and that had no effect. However, issuing a direct
command to _config as per your suggestion -did- work; thanks very much! In looking at local.ini,
this command appears to have modified the [daemons] section of local.ini to add this line:

httpd =

Best,

-M.

On Mar 26, 2014, at 3:53 PM, Robert Samuel Newson <rnewson@apache.org> wrote:

> That should do it, but did you restart after editing the ini files? I should note that
editing default.ini is not recommended as it will be overwritten on couchdb upgrade.  Better
to use;

> curl -X DELETE host:5984/_config/daemons/httpd
>
> For me, this closes port 5984.
>
> B.
>
> On 26 Mar 2014, at 22:07, M.C. Wilson <nijhazer@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Folks,
>>
>>  I'm new to CouchDB and have a question about setting it up to use SSL. I've got
it working and am able to make requests to CouchDB over SSL. Ideally, I'd like to prevent
any non-SSL access to CouchDB. Previous discussions indicate that this can be achieved by
commenting out the httpd entry under [daemons] in default.ini, but when I do this, standard
HTTP access is still available on port 5984. Has the mechanism for disabling HTTP access changed
in recent versions?