couchdb-user mailing list archives

From James Dingwall <james.dingw...@zynstra.com>
Subject Re: compare two documents and update
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2014 07:53:57 GMT
Asoh Frank wrote:
> I am new to non relational databases and couchdb as a whole. I want to ask if there is
any flexible possibility of comparing an existing document in the couchdb database with another
document(json file) not in the database then the difference between them will be uploaded(updated)
to the current existing document ?
This could be achieved with a design document update function. Something
like:

function(doc, req) {
     // doc is the destination doc id
     // req.body contains the text representation of the JSON document
to merge
     // e.g. curl -X POST
http://mycouch:5984/mydb/_design/merger/_update/merge/id-of-dest-doc -H
     var jbody = JSON.parse(req.body);